Adventure Travel Stories
WITH AN ALL-STAR LINEUP
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22ND | CREEKSIDE ROOM – 7PM
Mill Valley author Lisa Alpine hosts an ensemble of travel writers for this three-part series of literary travel tales from around the globe. Each program highlights renowned authors including Pam Houston (Cowboys Are My Weakness), Richard Bangs (founder Sobek Expeditions), Larry Habegger (publisher Travelers’ Tales), Jeff Greenwald (Shopping For Buddhas), and many more. Come and enjoy this series of travel yarns that run the gamut from sexy to humorous, poignant to outrageous, insightful to daring. Book signings at each event. Registration is recommended. To register, call (415) 389-4292 x3, or visit millvalleylibrary.org. Photo by Rajarshi Mitra
- Pam Houston: Author of five books of adventure-laden fiction and nonfiction including Cowboys Are My Weakness and Contents May Have Shifted.
- Erin Byrne: Winner of the Grand Prize Solas for Travel Story of the Year, and appears in Best Travel Writing.
- Larry Habegger: Cofounder and executive editor of Travelers’ Tales.
- James Michael Dorsey: Author of Vanishing Tales from Ancient Trails, and writer for LA Times, BBC Wildlife, and more.
- Lisa Alpine: Author of Wild Life: Travel Adventures of a Worldly Woman and Exotic Life: Travel Tales of an Adventurous Woman.
MILL VALLEY PUBLIC LIBRARY | 375 THROCKMORTON AVE, MILL VALLEY, CA 94941 | (415) 389-4292 X3 | MILLVALLEYLIBRARY.ORG